Public Registry of LPNs
Search the Public Registry of LPNs
Interpreting Search Results
CLPNA’s real-time Public Registry of LPNs help employers and the public identify that a person providing nursing care in Albera is a Licensed Practical Nurse registered with CLPNA, and determine the nurse’s current registration status. This information is not designed nor is it intended to be used for any other purpose.
Following the Health Professions Act (HPA) and the guidelines of the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), the Public Registry does not compromise personal information of our membership. Only the member’s name, registration number, Practice Permit expiry date, specialties and conditions appear.
Employer Verification of Registration
To ensure LPN employees are registered for the coming year and able to practice, employers and managers are strongly encouraged to verify LPN registrations after the annual Registration Renewal deadline of December 1.
NEW Verifying multiple LPNs?
Sign up for an Employer Login to search by your Facility(s).
NEW Already have an Employer Login?
Already have an Employer Login?
Click here to verify employees
It is a serious offense to practice as an LPN without registration and a valid Practice Permit.
How to Search
You may search the Public Registry using one or more of the following criteria: Last Name, First Name or Registration Number. A simple search using Registration Number or Last Name is usually the most successful. The more criteria you input, the more specific a search you will initiate.
If the LPN you are searching for does not appear in the results, try a simpler search such as ONLY Registration Number or ONLY Last Name.
Interpreting Search Results
Registration Number = CLPNA Registration Number
Registration Type = Type of membership/Practice Permit.
- Active – Authorized to practice as an LPN in Alberta.
- Associate – NOT authorized to practice as an LPN in Alberta. Non-practicing registration type.
- Conditional – Authorized to practice as an LPN in Alberta. See Conditions that may affect practice.
- Limited – Authorized to practice as an LPN in Alberta with educational restrictions.
- Temporary – Authorized to practice as an LPN in Alberta. New graduate. Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Exam not yet successfully completed. See CLPNA Practice Statement 2: Temporary Registration.
Effective Date = Start date of current Registration Type
Expiry Date = End date of current Registration Type
Specializations = Authorized to perform Specialized Practice. See CLPNA Practice Statement 7: Specialized Practice.
Conditions = If an asterix (*) appears in this column, click on “View Details” for a list of Conditions. Conditions may be any of the following. Contact CLPNA for details:
- Nursing practice activities the member is NOT permitted to perform.
- Education the member has NOT completed.
- Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Exam (CPNRE) NOT yet successfully completed.