The Council of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) is looking for servant-leaders, critical-thinkers, and future-oriented team-players to join them.
LPNs are invited to run for the position of District Representatives to CLPNA’s Council in the South, Central, and North Zones.
2014 ELECTION DISTRICTS:
- DISTRICT 1: SOUTH ZONE (Lethbridge, Medicine Hat & area)
- DISTRICT 3: CENTRAL ZONE (Red Deer & area)
- DISTRICT 5: PART OF NORTH ZONE (Edson, Whitecourt, Lac La Biche & area)
Nomination Packages must be submitted by May 31.
District Elections will be held in June by electronic ballot.
CLPNA’s Council is responsible for the organization’s overall direction, planning, policies and finances. The Council does not manage the day-to-day operations of the CLPNA, which is accomplished by the Executive Director and staff.
Council duties include:
- Setting CLPNA strategic direction including Mission, Vision, Mandate and Outcomes.
- Setting Bylaws, Regulations, Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
- Approving practical nurse education programs.
- Reviewing annual financial statements.
Council members will receive training for their two-year terms on Policy Governance, and are expected to attend two-day meetings every three months to review reports of CLPNA business and plan upcoming goals for a total of 10-12 days per year. Travel expenses and an honorarium for meeting attendance is provided.
Questions may be directed to Executive Assistant Kerry Kozak at firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-484-8886 or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta).