On September 1, Fort McMurray resident Dieda John, LPN, assumes her first term as Vice-President of the Council of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA). President Jo-Anne Macdonald-Watson, LPN, will continue into her second term.
At the same time, several other Council members will begin their terms as District Representatives by acclamation.
Terms run from September 1, 2014 to August 31, 2016.
The next scheduled Council meeting is on October 24.
Updates to CLPNA Council
- District 1 – South Zone (Lethbridge, Medicine Hat & area)
- District 3 – Central Zone (Red Deer & area)
- Valerie Paice, LPN (second term)
- District 5 – Part of North Zone (Edmonton, Lac La Biche & area)
- Doris Kuelken, LPN (second term)
Through Policy Governance, the Council of the CLPNA is responsible for establishing, maintaining and monitoring Bylaws, Regulations, Standards of Practice, and Code of Ethics, and approving practical nurse education programs.