The role of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) is to act in the public interest by ensuring the care Albertans receive from Licensed Practical Nurses is safe, competent, ethical and relevant.
The Annual Report presents the highlights as the CLPNA honoured this commitment in 2014.
Improvements continue in all key areas including policy development, registration, education, complaint management and leadership.
Video: Highlights from 2014
- New practical nurse program approval standards for 2015 release.
- Updated Competency Profile for LPNs for 2015 release.
- 9.5% increase in total registrants to 12,881 LPNs.
- Development of state-of-the-art online Continuing Competency Program for 2015 release.
- Continued strategy development with practical nurse educators.
- Continued harmonization of the LPN profession in Canada.
DESKTOP or MOBILE:
The report was presented by Council to members, employers and stakeholders at the Annual General Meeting on April 29, 2015 in Banff, Alberta.
RELATED – Previous CLPNA Annual Reports.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-484-8886 or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta).