Voting is now open in Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, and Fort McMurray areas for the Council Election of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA).
Council Elections Ballots and links to Nominee Profiles were emailed on June 15, 2015 to CLPNA members residing in the Election District and who have an Active, Conditional or Temporary Practice Permit are eligible to vote. Voting ends on June 30 at midnight (MDT).
The Council is the governing body of the CLPNA consisting of Licensed Practical Nurses elected from each of the seven Election Districts, plus the President.
- DISTRICT 2: CALGARY ZONE (Calgary & area)
- DISTRICT 4: EDMONTON ZONE (Edmonton & area)
- DISTRICT 6: PART OF NORTH ZONE (Grande Prairie & area)
- DISTRICT 7: PART OF NORTH ZONE (Fort McMurray & area)
Council members attend 1-2 day meetings every 3 months to review reports of CLPNA business and plan upcoming goals, primarily:
- setting CLPNA strategic direction including Mission, Vision, Mandate and Outcomes.
- setting Bylaws, Regulations, Standards of Practice, and Code of Ethics (see Legislation, Practice & Policy)
- approving practical nurse education programs.
- reviewing annual financial statements.
The Council does not manage the day-to-day operations of the CLPNA, which is administered by the Executive Director and staff.
Eligible members who did not receive an email ballot by Tuesday, June 16 should contact email@example.com, 780-484-8886 or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free).