Binders are now available to order with the new 3rd Edition of the Competency Profile for Licensed Practical Nurses, released in June 2015 by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA).
The 274-page document defines LPN scope of practice in Alberta.
The Competency Profile is a key document for LPNs, LPN employers, and stakeholders such as educators.
- identifies base competencies of a typical entry to practice LPN
- serves as a tool for LPNs interested in changing or advancing their area of practice or scope of practice
- provides direction to Practical Nurse Educators regarding essential curriculum components
- guides employers in understanding full scope of practice for role optimization of LPNs across all care settings
- provides a benchmark for performance management and review
Order a Competency Profile
Print versions available:
- BINDER – Continuing Competency Program for LPNs (in 3-Ring Binder) with Competency Profile for LPNs, 3rd Ed.; Standards of Practice & Code of Ethics (2013) & more. ($50 member or $55 non-member)
- INSERT – Competency Profile for LPNs, 3rd Edition (2015) (shrink-wrapped; 3 hole-punched; insert-only, not in a binder). ($40)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-484-8886 or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta).