Imagine the health system of tomorrow. What role will hospitals play? What about home care? How will the work of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and other professionals be impacted?
Find out what local, national and international leaders on care forecast in “Health System of Tomorrow: Report of the 2015 CLPNA Think Tank” (PDF), including Alberta’s Minister of Health, Sarah Hoffman.
On November 20, 2015, the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) took an in-depth look at the changing health landscape and the role of LPNs at their third annual Think Tank. Over 300 attendees heard from local, national and international leaders on care that enriches people’s lives and draws on everyone’s energy and talents.
Part of the CLPNA’s mission is to provide leadership within the profession and support the evolution of a quality health system for Albertans. Think Tanks are one way that Council provides a learning opportunity for LPNs and their partners and stakeholders.
Click to download the presentations:
- Dr. Samir Sinha, Director of Geriatrics of Mount Sinai Hospital and Ontario’s Provincial Lead on Seniors Strategy
- Nancy Lefebre, Chief Clinical Executive and Sr. VP Knowledge and Practice, St Elizabeth Health Centre, Toronto
- Eva Pedersen, Head of Aged Policy Department, Ministry of Children, Equality, Integration and Social Affairs, Government of Denmark
- Carol Anderson, Continuing Care, Alberta Health Services and Penny Reynolds, Administrator, Capital Care Norwood
- Sergei Pekh and Doug McKenzie, Auditor Principals, Auditor General Alberta