Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions (AIHS) in collaboration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) are now taking applications for their very first Advancing Knowledge in Practical Nursing Research Grant.
The one-year grant is intended to encourage Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), in partnership with researchers or clinicians, to make fresh discoveries to positively influence practical nursing. Up to $25,000 is available to conduct the research.
Research proposals may include, but are not limited to:
- illness and injury prevention and management;
- wellness and health promotion;
- workplace safety (psychological and physical);
- impact assessment of LPN processes in relation to Occupational Health and Safety;
- measures of occupational impact of LPNs in the health system.
Applications will be accepted until October 14, 2016.
For complete information, including links to download the Program Guide and Application Instructions, use the link below:
Tara McCarthy, Officer, Academic Initiatives
Participation in research and innovation by Alberta’s Licensed Practical Nurses is a primary goal on CLPNA’s 2016 – 2019 Strategic Plan. In 2015, CLPNA created a Research Department to inform LPN practice and policies, and our place in the healthcare system.