“I’m so proud of our LPNs here. I see them as ambassadors. Our nurses are respected and appreciated in our community for the services they provide.” – Tyler Whyte, CEO, Siksika Health Services.
Tradition and technology, plus a focus on treating the whole person, work together to make southern Alberta’s Siksika Health and Wellness Centre special. Discover the whole story in the Summer 2016 issue of CARE magazine.
Also in this issue
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms: The nurse’s important role in recognizing connections between stress and illness.
- Mentorship Program launches.
- Respecting the needs and wants of the elderly and frail.
- CLPNA 2016 AGM & Conference Recap.
- LPN Awards of Excellence.
- Building a Strong Foundation: Refresh your back injury prevention habits this summer.
- Sharing the News: Tips for nurses on sharing unexpected health news with clients and their families.
- Technology: Apps for Today’s Nurses.
- The Elephant in the Room: Managing difficult conversations.
- The Operations Room: News for CLPNA members.
CARE magazine shares healthcare news for Alberta’s Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) from nursing practice, regulation, interprofessional collaboration, provincial and national nursing news.
Published quarterly by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA), CARE is distributed to over 16,000 health professionals in Alberta including Licensed Practical Nurses, LPN employers, education facilities, government, stakeholders and Canadian LPN regulators.