“A butterfly flaps its wings. Across the world, a hurricane is set in motion.” – Chaos Theory
An award-winning young Licensed Practical Nurse wears many hats in her quest to keep learning and building community while staying true to her rural roots in our feature article, “Rise. And Shine.” Learn the whole story, from Alberta to Guatemala, in the Winter 2016 issue of CARE magazine.
Also in this issue
- A Heart to Help Others: LPN Aboard the Africa Mercy Ship
- 2017 Conference celebrates 70 years of LPN profession
- Award-Winning Canadian Website a Favourite of Nurses
- CARE magazine and Environmental Stewardship
- More Than a Bad Day: Recognizing and changing workplace abuse
- Research: Connecting with People with Dementia
- Trauma-Informed Care in a Healthcare Setting
- I Believe in Angels – A personal tribute
- The Operations Room: News for CLPNA members.
CARE magazine shares healthcare news for Alberta’s Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) from nursing practice, regulation, interprofessional collaboration, provincial and national nursing news.
Published quarterly by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA), CARE is distributed to over 16,000 health professionals in Alberta including Licensed Practical Nurses, LPN employers, education facilities, government, stakeholders and Canadian LPN regulators.