There are more than 600,000 caregivers in Alberta, many of whom face the trials and tribulations of caregiving. Caregivers devote their lives to the care of a loved one facing challenges including illness, disability or aging. It can be rewarding but also emotionally and physically draining. Ensuring that caregivers are properly supported, not only improves their quality of life, but also the person they are caring for.
The College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta has joined forces with Caregivers Alberta to create a one-day workshop especially for LPNs and we would like to personally invite you to attend!
Join us June 20 in Edmonton or June 22 in Calgary for the Navigator Program, “Caring for Caregivers”.
The techniques presented will help LPNs ensure that caregivers are being cared for, too.
OR REGISTER BY PHONE: 780-484-8886 or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta).
Limited seating. $30 registration fee (incl. GST), includes lunch and workshop material. This workshop meets annual Continuing Competency Program requirements.
LPNs are an essential part of “Caring for Caregivers,” because:
- 1 in 4 Albertans is a caregiver to a family member facing health challenges
- Caregivers often don’t come from medical backgrounds and aren’t made aware of the implications of failing to practice self-care
- Consequences of providing extended caregiving are countless and include exhaustion, depression, isolation, and hefty financial implications including lost wages and out of pocket costs
- Often, these challenges are not met with any support, and caregivers aren’t aware of support systems and healthy coping mechanisms available
During this workshop participants will learn the importance of “Caring for the Caregiver”, and will acquire the skills to:
- Understand the challenges of the caregiving experience
- Identify and assess caregivers’ needs
- Support caregivers to recognize stress and develop self-care attitudes and practices to ensure their overall well-being
- Assist caregivers in connecting to resources for support
$30 registration fee (incl. GST). Includes lunch and workshop material.
“Caring for Caregivers” Navigator Program (Edmonton)
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
8:00am – 4:00pm
DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton, 16615 – 109 Ave, Edmonton AB
“Caring for Caregivers” Navigator Program (Calgary)
Thursday, June 22, 2017
8:00am – 4:00pm
Holiday Inn Calgary Macleod Trail South, 4206 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, AB
Payment is due upon registration. Once processed, your registration confirmation will be sent by email. Please allow 3 business days for processing.
Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 12, 2017. After June 12, 2017, no refunds will be given.
Questions? Contact Colleen at email@example.com, 780-638-6714 or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta).