“Cultural expectations must be set aside when faced with the realities of medical care in a developing county.”
In our feature story, ‘Lessons from Assosa: Practical Nursing in Ethiopia’, a licensed practical nurse writes eloquently about her time in Ethiopia: the challenges, the learning and all that she gained from her experience.
Discover more in the Spring issue of the CLPNA’s CARE magazine, sharing healthcare news for and about Alberta’s Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs).
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Bill 21 – Protecting patients from sexual abuse and sexual misconduct
- LPN Practice Decision-Making Tool
- Nursing with Heart: Harm Reduction
- Orders and Protocols, Pseudo Prescribing and OTC Medications
- Seeing the Whole Person: Complex Substance Abuse Disorders
- Marni Panas – How to be a Better Nurse to the LGBTQS+ Community
- 2019 CLPNA AGM and Conference
- Palliative Care – Things Every Nurse Needs to Know
- Finding Joy: Strategies for Meaningful Activity for patients with Dementia
Connect to CARE magazine where it’s convenient for you. Read this issue on your desktop computer, internet-connected smartphone, tablet, or notebook. Click on the mobile-friendly version on Issuu, or download, view or print a PDF copy.
CARE is a trusted source of healthcare news for Alberta’s Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), with facts on nursing regulation, practice, research and collaboration. You’ll also find valuable and relevant provincial and national nursing news.
Published quarterly by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA), CARE is distributed to over 17,000 health professionals in Alberta including Licensed Practical Nurses, LPN employers, education facilities, government, stakeholders and Canadian LPN regulators.