“One of the awesome things about working here is just how resilient kids are in the face of adversity. There are still smiles here.”
In our feature story, ‘Young… at Heart: Nursing at ACH’, Licensed Practical Nurses working at Alberta Children’s Hospital work as a team to build trust, and reduce pain and distress for their vulnerable patients.
Discover more in the Summer issue of the CLPNA’s CARE magazine, sharing healthcare news for and about Alberta’s Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs).
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Aesthetic Nursing & Medical Cannabis Guidelines
- Connect Care: eHealth Competence Program
- Enhancing LPN-Family Communication to Reduce Avoidable Transfers of LTC/AL Residents to the ED
- Marni Panas – What Alberta Health Services is Doing to Create Safe & Inclusive Environments
- CLPNA’s AGM & Conference Recap
- 2019 LPN Awards of Excellence
- Improving Alberta’s Referrals Experience
- Proposed LPN Regulation Amendment
Connect to CARE magazine where it’s convenient for you. Read this issue on your desktop computer, internet-connected smartphone, tablet, or notebook. Click on the mobile-friendly version on Issuu, or download, view or print a PDF copy.
CARE is a trusted source of healthcare news for Alberta’s Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), with facts on nursing regulation, practice, research and collaboration. You’ll also find valuable and relevant provincial and national nursing news.
Published quarterly by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA), CARE is distributed to over 17,000 health professionals in Alberta including Licensed Practical Nurses, LPN employers, education facilities, government, stakeholders and Canadian LPN regulators.