“What can you, as a nurse, do today to make sure preventable adverse events. . . don’t happen again?”
In the feature story, ‘Please Listen: Building a Culture of Responsibility’, a rural Licensed Practical Nurse advocates for patient safety after the devastating loss of her child due to a preventable adverse medical event.
Discover more in the Spring issue of the CLPNA’s CARE magazine, sharing healthcare news for and about Alberta’s Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs).
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE:
- Regulation Changes – new standards, policies and education requirements for LPNs in Alberta
- Technology: Referral Pathways
- Robotic Pet Therapy for Dementia Patients
- Research: Nurse Retention
- Connecting with Isolated Seniors
- 4 Keys to Helping Someone with a Mental Illness
Published quarterly by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA), CARE is distributed to over 17,000 health professionals in Alberta including Licensed Practical Nurses, LPN employers, education facilities, government, stakeholders and Canadian LPN regulators.