If there’s a way to give [practical nurse students] a few more tools, a little bit more knowledge, and a little bit more confidence, it’s going to help them, . . . and it’s going to help the patient.— Real Knowledge, Simulated World; CARE Magazine, Fall 2020
The feature story, ‘Real Knowledge, Simulated World’, in the latest CARE magazine explains how virtual reality is offering practical nurse students a sustainable and low-stress way to practice real-life competencies to protect the public.
Discover more in the fall issue of the CLPNA’s CARE magazine, sharing healthcare news for and about Alberta’s Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs).
Also in this issue:
- Bill 30: More Public Reps on CLPNA’s Council
- Understanding the Difference: Regulator & Union
- CLPNA’s 2020 Annual General Meeting on video
- Research: Shifting Perspective on Documentation
- Assessment & Control of Psychological Hazards in the Workplace
- Eight Ways to Support Brain Health for Rural Older Adults
FOR MORE NEWS
If you aren’t already a subscriber, sign up for our email newsletters:
Published quarterly by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA), CARE is distributed to over 18,000 health professionals in Alberta including Licensed Practical Nurses, LPN employers, education facilities, government, stakeholders and Canadian LPN regulators.