Did you know that 1 in 4 Canadians are family caregivers? Research shows that well-supported family caregivers provide better care for their loved ones.
Join the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta and Dr. Jasneet Parmar, Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Alberta, for this informative video which builds on the foundational Caregiver-Centered Care education and introduces the new Partnering with Family Caregivers During a Pandemic course.
In this video, explore:
- Why it is important to support family caregivers
- The consultations that informed the development of the foundational education
- Competencies LPNs can apply to support family caregivers
- Opportunities for LPNs to become champions of Caregiver-Centered Care
- An overview of the new Partnering with Family Caregivers During a Pandemic education
Related – Self-study Module: Caring for Caregivers
For more information, please contact:
Ask CLPNA or call 1-800-661-5877 (toll-free in Alberta), or 780-484-8886.