The Continuing Competence Program (CCP) supports LPNs to achieve and demonstrate competence through the completion of three elements – a self-assessment of their practice, a learning plan, and continuing competence activities.
To measure compliance with the CCP, an annual audit is conducted. Due to the many challenges during the pandemic, the CLPNA cancelled its CCP Audit in 2020 and 2021. In May 2022, the CCP Audit will resume with approximately 10% of eligible members selected through criteria established by the CLPNA’s Council to participate in the CCP Audit.
The CCP Audit will review 2021 learning plans and continuing competence activities for selected registrants starting on May 2 through to June 30, 2022. Those chosen will be required to validate their 2021 learning. For those selected, if the audit is not completed by June 30, there will be a registration levy of $100, and if the audit is not completed by registration renewal, they will not be able to renew their registration until the audit is submitted, reviewed and deemed acceptable. Attend the Continuing Competence Program webinar to learn more on the CCP Guide 2021 and the CCP Audit process.
How to know if you have been selected for audit
You will receive a letter from the CLPNA Registrar’s office on May 2 if you have been selected for the CCP Audit. You will also find a notification in your myCLPNA.com account letting you know that you have been selected for the audit.
If you have not been directly contacted by the CLPNA and received a CCP Audit letter, you have not been selected for the CCP Audit. A CCP Audit Letter is sent by email, please ensure your email address is current by logging into myCLPNA.com. If you need to change your email, please contact the office at 780-484-8886.
Tips for a successful audit
The key to a successful, timely completion of the CCP Audit process is planning.
- Update learning plan during registration: LPNs should update learning plans on their myCLPNA profile during registration, making the audit process straightforward.
- Track: The CLPNA recommends LPNs track their learning as it is completed.
- Organize and retain records: Keep verification or proof of learning in an organized manner (and remember to retain CCP records for a minimum of four years). Selected members are required to summarize their completed 2021 Learning Plan including their proof of learning documentation.
- Submit on time: The CCP Audit submission deadline is June 30, 2022. Submissions received after that date will be subject to a registration levy of $100. LPNs are encouraged to complete the Audit within the timelines provided to avoid having additional costs and delays for registration in 2022.
- Attend the Continuing Competence Program webinar. This webinar provides information on the CCP through a review of the information in the CCP Guide 2021, the CCP Audit process, and includes a live Q&A with the CLPNA Registration and CCP team.
WEBINAR: 2022 Continuing Competence Program
The Continuing Competence Program webinar provides information on the CCP through a review of the information in the CCP Guide 2021, the CCP Audit process, and includes a live Q&A with the CLPNA Registration and CCP team.
May 10, 2022 – 3:00-4:00pm (MST)
May 24, 2022 – 12:00-1:00pm (MST)
Unable to attend or want to watch again? This presentation will be available on our LPN Professional Development playlist on YouTube.