Previously Licensed in Alberta: Applying for Reinstatement
IMPORTANT: To work or accept employment in Alberta, Licensed Practical Nurses must have registration and a valid Practice Permit from the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA), as per the Health Professions Act (HPA) of Alberta.
This information is for individuals who were formerly registered as an LPN in Alberta and wish to become registered again as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the CLPNA.
REINSTATEMENT SELF-ASSESSMENT TOOL
To apply for reinstatement as an LPN in Alberta, use the Reinstatement Self-Assessment Tool to determine if you are likely to meet CLPNA’s registration requirements and are eligible to apply.
Applicants who are deemed likely to meet CLPNA registration requirements will receive a Reinstatement Application after completing the self-assessment.
General application considerations:
- The applicant must have previously been registered as an LPN with the CLPNA.
- Requirements for registration including the Practice Policy: Registration Requirements: Actively Engaged.
If you do not meet the above criteria, see below for other registration options:
- I am a New Graduate of an Practical Nurse program in Alberta
- I was Registered/Licensed as a LPN in Another Canadian Province/Territory
- I am an Internationally Educated Nurse (a nurse educated outside Canada and is/was not registered/licensed in Canada)
For further information, contact the Registration Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-484-8886.