The research department at the CLPNA has developed and implemented a research agenda that incorporates the essentials of Evidence Based Practice.
The research agenda is implemented through a framework with specific goals, outcomes, and impacts that contribute to the growth and reputation of the organization and provides an evidence base to support practice and policy-related decisions.
The framework consists of five strategic targets:
- Create foundational knowledge about the Practical Nurse profession by encouraging innovation that produces ‘new discoveries’ related to Practical Nursing and contributes to quality scientific literature.
- Build research capacity by developing mechanisms that will advance the LPN professional community’s understanding, use, and translation of research evidence.
- Inform decision making by ensuring high quality research evidence is used for the development of policy and decision making.
- Impact the health of the population by supporting LPNs to practice at the highest quality in areas of prevention, diagnosis, treatment and palliation, as related to the LPN practice and research findings.
- Impact society by translating quality LPN related research into outcomes that that have broad economic and social impacts, such as health system changes.