The College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) is pleased to host our third annual Think Tank on November 10.
Follow the event on CLPNA’s Twitter account, @CLPNA, or #CLPNA.
The theme of this ‘by invitation only’ event is “Health System of Tomorrow”, and features local, national and international thought leaders. Representatives from government, education, industry, other regulatory bodies, CLPNA’s Education Advisory Committee and Licensed Practical Nurses will be in attendance. CLPNA considers this event an important contribution to the evolution of a quality health system.
The Hon. Sarah Hoffman, Minister of Health, will close the session, and Steven Lewis will moderate the day.
Speakers & Presentations
The list of confirmed speakers/presentations includes:
- Carl Amrhein, Deputy Minister, Alberta Health (panel participant)
- “Creating Alberta’s Ideal Health System of Tomorrow”
- Dr. Samir Sinha, Director of Geriatrics of Mount Sinai Hospital and Ontario’s Provincial Lead on Seniors Strategy
- “Hospital of Tomorrow”
- Nancy Lefebre, Chief Clinical Executive and Sr. VP Knowledge and Practice, St Elizabeth Health Centre, Toronto
- “Are you Ready for the Future of Home Care?”
- Eva Pedersen, Head of Aged Policy Department, Ministry of Children, Equality, Integration and Social Affairs, Government of Denmark
- “Restorative Care and Wellness Strategy – The Denmark Example”
- Carol Anderson, Continuing Care, Alberta Health Services and Penny Reynolds, Administrator, Capital Care Norwood
- “Restorative Care – The Alberta Example”