Annual Registration Renewal begins October 1, 2018 for CLPNA members wanting an Active Practice Permit for 2019.
LPNs are asked to renew before the December 1 deadline to receive the lowest registration fee.
Registrants completing renewal for an Active Practice Permit before November 1 will be entered in a draw for $350. Notices will be sent by email from the CLPNA’s Registrar.
Members must complete the annual Registration Renewal Application in order to:
- work in Alberta as a Licensed Practical Nurse in 2019 (with an Active Practice Permit)
- OR change your registration type from Active to a non-practicing Associate membership
- OR notify CLPNA you are not renewing for 2019.
Practicing without a Permit
Working as an LPN with an expired or invalid Practice Permit is considered unprofessional conduct and may subject the individual to disciplinary action, including fines of $500 and up.
Only those individuals with a current CLPNA Practice Permit are authorized to work as an LPN in Alberta or use the regulated title ‘Licensed Practical Nurse’ or ‘LPN’ as stated in Schedule 10 of the Health Professions Act and Section 12 of the LPN Profession Regulation.
Before beginning your online Registration Renewal process, members should have the following ready:
- Your email address and password for myCLPNA.com
- Nursing practice hours calculated for Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2018
- Continuing Competence Program (CCP) Learning Plan for 2019
- Current employer information
- Payment information
On October 1, members may begin the 2019 Registration Renewal application by logging into to myCLPNA.com.
Questions? Contact the Registration Dept at email@example.com, 780-484-8886 or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta).