STANDARDS OF PRACTICE & CODE OF ETHICS
The CLPNA adopted the Canadian Council of Practical Nurse Regulator’s (CCPNR) Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics, and Entry to Practice Competencies as the documents required under the Health Professions Act on June 3, 2013.
- Standards of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurses in Canada (effective June 3, 2013) – Defines the desired and achievable level of performance expected of LPNs against which actual performance can be measured.
- Code of Ethics for Licensed Practical Nurses in Canada (effective June 3, 2013) – Articulates the values of the profession and the responsibilities that LPNs uphold and promote, and to which they are accountable.
- Standards of Practice and Competencies for Perioperative Licensed Practical Nurses
- Standards of Practice on Boundary Violations: Protecting Patients from Sexual Abuse and Sexual Misconduct (effective March 19, 2019)
- Decision-Making Standards for Nurses in the Supervision of Health Care Aides (updated June 2010)
REQUISITE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Requisite Skills and Abilities identifies the essential requirements necessary for an individual to meet the demands of a career as an LPN in Canada.
- Becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse in Canada: Requisite Skills and Abilities (effective June 3, 2013)