2018 REGISTRATION RENEWAL
October 10 – December 1, 2017
Registration Renewal starts annually on October 10 for CLPNA members registered with an Active Practice Permit who wish to practice as an LPN in the following calendar year, and members are asked to renew by December 1. Active Practice Permits typically expire on December 31.
CLPNA members must complete an annual Registration Renewal Application in order to:
- work in Alberta as a Licensed Practical Nurse (registration types Active and Limited)
- or change registration type (Active to Associate; or Active to Inactive; or Associate to Inactive)
- or renew Associate (non-practicing) registration
- or notify CLPNA you are not renewing for 2018
- receive regulatory and practice information
- keep registration in good standing
Registration Renewal notices are sent by email to eligible members starting in late September.
The CLPNA strongly recommends all members renew as early as possible.
Members NOT currently receiving emails are asked to:
- Sign up for “LPN Regulatory Emails”, and,
- Make sure your CLPNA Profile at www.myCLPNA.com has the same email address on file.
If you’ve completed these steps, and you are still not receiving CLPNA emails, check your Spam or Junk folders. If the problem persists, contact CLPNA at email@example.com, 780-484-8886 or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta).
Before going online, please have the following items ready:
- UserID (Email address) and password to login to myCLPNA.com.
- Practice Hours for 2017 – Locate your most recent 2017 paystub(s) from all employers and determine the number of practice hours you have worked so far in 2017. Add the number of hours you expect to work until December 31, 2017. Exclude vacation and sick-time hours.
- Current employer information.
- Payment Information – If paying fees by VISA or Mastercard, have the card number ready.
1. CLICK on “myCLPNA LOGIN” (also on the top right corner of this screen).
2. TYPE in your User ID (Email address) and Password.
3. (if applicable) CHANGE your Password to something you can remember.
4. MAKE SURE your email address is correct (very important) to receive your receipt.
5. CLICK on “Renewal” to begin the Registration Renewal Application.
- INCORRECT LOGINS: Users who login incorrectly three (3) times in a row (ex. using incorrect username/password combination) will be temporarily blocked from entering the system and must wait 20 minutes before attempting to login again.
- SECURITY TIME OUT: After logging in, users have approximately 60 minutes to complete the online Registration Renewal Application before system security will time out and request you login again. You will receive a warning prior to being logged out.
HELP & SUPPORT
Need help completing your Registration Renewal Application? Contact CLPNA at firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-484-8886 or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta).
Registration Renewal Fees
- Credit card (VISA and MasterCard)
- Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PAP)
Not able to use the above payment methods? Contact CLPNA during business hours to make alternate arrangements before starting the online Registration Renewal Application.
All fees will change at 12:00am (midnight) on the dates listed.
CLPNA Payment Policy: Registration Fees are not pro-rated and are non-refundable.
All fees are in Canadian dollars.
Other Registration Fees:
|Associate Member* (non-practicing)
*Receive complimentary subscription to CARE magazine.
|Reinstatement of Active Practice Permit
(former member reinstating registration after lapse)
Paying 2019 Registration Fees in Advance
To pay for 2019 in advance by 10-monthly installments, see our Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PAP).
Renewing Registration (Dec 2 – 31, 2017)
The Registration Renewal fee is $400 for those renewing between December 2-31. Please review before December 1. Support is only available during CLPNA office hours. The CLPNA will be closed December 25-26, and January 1.
Reinstating Registration (After Dec 31, 2017)
On January 1, the Registration Renewal system will close. Those still wishing to register should see “Previously Licensed in Alberta“.
Members on the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PAP) must reinstate their registration by January 15, 2018 or will be removed from the PAP Plan and refunded $325 ($350 minus a $25 administration fee).
Questions? Contact email@example.com, 1-800-661-5877 or 780-484-8886.
Other Registration Types
Members who, for any reason:
- do not plan to practice as an LPN in Alberta,
- but may return to practice in the future,
are encouraged to renew as an Associate for $50. Associate status does not allow you to work as an LPN. Associate members continue to receive CARE magazine, e-newsletters, and annual notices regarding Registration Renewal.
MEMBERS NOT RENEWING
Members who, for any reason:
- do not plan to practice as an LPN in Alberta,
- and do not plan to return to practice in the future,
should notify CLPNA of their change in status on their Registration Renewal Application. This serves as:
- formal notification to CLPNA of non-renewal,
- ensures the member’s practice hours are recorded,
- and completion of Continuing Competency Learning Plan are on file.
If a Registration Renewal Application is not completed, further reminders and suspension/cancellation notifications will be sent to the member as required by the Health Professions Act.
Practicing Without a Valid Practice Permit is Illegal
Individuals without a valid (registration type Active/Limited/Temporary/Conditional) Practice Permit are not authorized to use the title “LPN” or work as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Alberta, as per Section 43 of the Health Professions Act.
Working as a LPN without a valid Practice Permit constitutes unprofessional conduct and violation will subject the individual to disciplinary action including fines of $500 or more.
Members holding an Associate Permit are not permitted to practice nursing as a LPN.
Most members will receive access to their Practice Permit on the “Permits & Receipts” tab immediately after completing their Registration Renewal Application, with one exception.
Exception: Members subscribed to the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan (PAP) and who complete the online Registration Renewal Application in October will receive access to their Practice Permit after their final PAP payment is processed in mid-November.
Members can see and print their Practice Permit and Tax Receipt on the “Permits & Receipts” tab by logging in to myCLPNA.com. Members will not receive a Practice Permit in the mail from CLPNA. If access to a Practice Permit is not available within the above timelines, please contact CLPNA.
Proof of Registration on Public Registry of LPNs
Members and employers requiring proof of LPN registration status should access the CLPNA’s Public Registry of LPNs. The Public Registry shows a member’s current and future registration status, specialties and restrictions.
The security of your personal information is a top priority with the CLPNA. That’s why myCLPNA.com uses SSL (Secure Socket Layers), a recognized industry standard and commonly used for online transactions by banks and retail stores. “Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol was developed by Netscape Communications Corporation to provide a high level of security for Internet communications. SSL provides an encrypted communications session between your web browser and a web server. When sensitive information is being sent over the Internet between your browser and a web server, SSL verifies that the information has not been altered in any way on-route. All major internet browsers released in recent years support SSL.” (Moneris Solutions) Whether you’re paying for your Registration Renewal, or updating your personal information, you can be sure your valuable information is private and secure.
Contact CLPNA at firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-484-8886, or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta only).